The John Grierson Grant will be available prior to the biennial online AALL conference in November, 2021. The Grant will assist with the cost of registration for the conference. Delegates who meet the conditions of application and are prepared to contribute to the Conference may apply.
Email the completed application form to the Grant coordinator attaching a one-page letter of recommendation from a student with whom you have worked and a current ALL colleague.
Using the application form indicate that you:
- are a new member to AALL who has not previously attended a conference
- are a financial member of AALL at the time of the application
- are currently employed as an Academic Language and Learning (ALL) professional at a tertiary institution in Australia or New Zealand (fractional and fixed-term staff may apply, if they meet all conditions)
- At the time of the biennial AALL conference will have been an ALL professional for not more than 18 months.
- You are willing to facilitate an AALL conference roundtable: New AALL staff – challenges and opportunities.
The John Grierson Grant applications will be considered by a Committee of between 3 and 4 people, comprising the AALL Conference convener, a representative from the University of Western Sydney, and one other senior ALL representative. The committee will consider the applications on two key grounds: eligibility and the interest of the proposal for the ALL New Advisers’ round table.